PERMANENT MAKEUP PRE-CARE
Prior to your permanent cosmetic enhancement, think about the look that you wish to achieve. As experts in the field of color analysis and makeovers, we ensure that the correct colors and styles are chosen for you; however, you are part of the decision-making process.
Permanent cosmetic enhancements normally require multiple application sessions. To achieve the best results, you will be required to return for at least one control procedure four to six weeks after the initial application.
Be prepared for the color intensity to be significantly sharper and darker immediately after the procedure. This will subside and become softer as the skin heals. This process can take up to fourteen days.
• Come to your appointment with freshly washed hair, considering there is no long showers or baths for 10 days after the procedure.
• Since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red, you are advised not to make social plans on the day of your enhancement.
• Please wear your normal make-up to your enhancement appointment.
• Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to your procedure.
• Do not discontinue any medication before consulting your doctor.
• For eyeliner appointments: make sure you are off any lash serums for at least 6 months before making your appointment. If you have any questions, please consult with us beforehand.
• Do not drink alcohol 24 - 48 hours before your tattoo.
• Do not consume coffee 48 hours before your procedure.
• If you want a sensitiviy test, please inform us at least 7 days before to book you in.
• Do not use Retin A skincare products close to the enhancement area 1 month prior to and after your procedure.
• Do not use AHA skincare products close to the enhancement area 2-weeks prior to and after your procedure.
• Do not workout the day of the procedure and workout or sweat heavily for the first week after the procedure.
• Absolutely NO sun, sweating, or tanning prior to the procedure and up to 1-week after the procedure. Avoid tanning or sun exposure on your face prior to the procedure. The tan will exfoliate after a few days taking color with it as it fades.
• Do not have any type of facial 2-weeks prior to the procedure.
• DO NOT have ANY facial treatments prior to your appointment for one-month this includes BOTOX, LASER, FILLERS, CHEMICAL PEELS, (COSMETIC SURGERIES, ETC. for 6-weeks prior to your appointment with us). This may result in unnecessary complications for both procedures.
• You have to be off Accutane for 1-year. NO Exceptions!
• Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one-week before the procedure.
• As with electrolysis the National Blood Service does not accept donations of blood for 1-year after a permanent cosmetic enhancement.
• For lips appointments: if you have a history of cold sores, we highly recommend you to go to your doctor's and get a prescription anti-viral (Valtrex, or Acyclover) and take it pre and post procedure.
For clients with no history of cold sores, we still highly recommend you to take an OTC medication (L-Lysine) to prevent an outbreak. Please message us for details.
No lip fillers 2 months prior.
You MUST exfoliate your lips daily 5 days prior to the procedure.
• If you have oily skin, your results WILL appear softer (eyebrows can look solid) in
appearance and may require additional procedures.
• Dark Skin types please note that your permanent makeup will not appear as bold as lighter skin types. (Indian, African American, Filipino, etc.)
• PROCEDURE CAN NOT BE PERFORMED ON WOMEN WHO ARE PREGNANT OR NURSING.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.